Capstone Mining Corp. is a Canadian base metals company with three producing copper mines. The company acquired the Pinto Valley mine in Arizona and needed to move it quickly onto a new enterprise resource planning (ERP) software system.
Capstone looked to the SAP® Business All-in-One for Mining solution and partner Illumiti for help and implemented the new software in just four months – on time and on budget. The ERP solution and a subsequent business intelligence project are already having a significant impact on the business, with a 92% improvement in procurement cycle time, an 80% reduction in maverick spend, and a 34% increase in inventory accuracy.
• Move a newly acquired mine onto a new, stable, and fully functioning enterprise resource planning platform as quickly as possible
• Establish a sophisticated and reliable IT platform for innovation and growth
• Obtain visibility into key business metrics to benchmark the business and improve employee performance
• Worked with SAP and Illumiti, a partner with wide experience with software for the mining industry
• Implemented SAP® Business All-in-One for Mining, a best-in-class solution
• Achieved a four-month implementation supporting 250 users followed by a four-month business intelligence project
• Major improvement in employee performance due to the ability to use realtime key performance indicators to set and track goals and performance
• Significant reduction in procurement cycle time along with improvements in inventory accuracy
TOP BENEFITS ACHIEVED
- 92% Improvement in procurement cycle time
- 34% Improvement in inventory accuracy
- 18% Increase in spend under management
- 80% Reduction in maverick spend