COVID-19 Communication: Business Continuity As We Navigate Through COVID-19
Dear clients and friends,
As we tackle an issue of incredible scale and impact, we understand the growing concern surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19) across our communities, with our hearts going out to all those who’ve been impacted. We believe it is our role and responsibility during this time to prioritize matters of importance to you and our relationship: playing an important role in the health and well-being of our employees, customers, and partners while ensuring business continuity and continued support for your operation.
We want to assure you that we are wholeheartedly committed to delivering all services, whether project related or support oriented, while managing the intricacies of this ever-changing dilemma.
Illumiti is constantly tracking conditions and making decisions informed by the latest science-based information and government announcements; and guided by Illumiti’s core values. We are taking necessary steps to ensure we help to prevent the spread of the virus and support the health and well-being of our customers and employees, and the communities in which we live, work, and play.
The following are precautionary steps we have taken in response to this developing public health impact, effectively immediately through to March 27, 2020 (inclusive):
- All Illumiti employees must report to their managers and Human Resources if there is the slightest concern related to symptoms of cold and flu; they must also report any knowledge of specific cases of potential exposure to someone suspected of being infected with COVID-19
- All non-essential business travel is suspended; Illumiti will only allow business travel if it is considered critical by our Delivery Vice Presidents (DVPs) and our top executive team.
- If our people travel across national borders, we will follow the suggested protocols from the Canadian Public Health Agency and/or the US CDC and will advise them to self-isolate and work remotely for two weeks upon their return as a safety precaution.
- Each DVP will be working with their clients and team to establish a concrete plan to effectively work remotely with minimal to no disruption to projects. Account Managers will also be communicating with clients about our ongoing customer support operations, which continue as usual.
- In case on-site work by Illumiti employees at client premises is deemed critical, DVPs will obtain copies of clients’ policies related to COVID-19 and share them with the relevant team members.
We are immensely appreciative of your understanding. Your projects and interactions with Illumiti may look a little different over the next while as we navigate through this period together; but rest assured that we are maintaining regular operations — and we’re always looking for ways to serve you best. During this time we are recommending that our project teams that would otherwise have been on-site at our Clients’ offices, make use of the video conferencing capabilities that we have through tools like Skype, GotoMeeting or other similar tools, in order to increase the effectiveness of the interactions during this longer period of remote work. We are additionally exploring other virtual-collaboration tools in the event that this period of restricted travel is extended further. We will continue to update and interact with you in future as things develop.
As always, we consider ourselves privileged to serve your organization.
CEO, Illumiti Group of Companies